Don Wang’s Intellectual Property experience includes counseling technology companies with a focus on patent litigation. He has also assisted health insurance and pharmaceutical companies in complex antitrust matters before U.S. federal courts.
Prior to joining Axinn, Don practiced in the Global Competition and Intellectual Property Litigation department of an international law firm. He earned his JD at the University of Washington School of Law. He holds a masters and undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Toronto.
Don is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US and CIPP/EU).
- In the matter of Certain Electronic Devices, Including Computers, Tablet Computers, and Components and Modules Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-1208 (USITC) – Defense of Google (a full intervenor) in the patent action brought by Nokia against Lenovo relating to H.264 video encoding/decoding and smart device GUI technologies
- In re Loestrin 24 Fe Antitrust Litigation, 1:13-md-2472 (D.R.I) – Defense of a major U.S. drug manufacturer, Warner Chilcott (Allergan), against purchasers’ and retailer plaintiffs’ Sherman Act § 2 monopolization claims, including patent fraud and reverse payments allegations
- Synopsys, Inc. v. InnoGrit, Corp., 5:19-cv-2082 (N.D. Cal.) – Defense of a startup company InnoGrit against a chip-design software provider’s (Synopsys) claims of End User License Agreement violations and Digital Millennium Copyright Act violations
- Pro Bono – Provided legal representation to asylum-seekers detained in immigration detention centers under Southern Poverty Law Center's Southern Immigration Freedom Initiative
* Includes matters handled prior to joining Axinn
- Chinese Patent Law's Statutory Damages Provision: The One Size That Fits None, Washington International Law Journal, 2017
- End of the Parallel Between Patent Law's § 284 Willfulness and § 285 Exceptional Case Analysis, Washington International Law Journal, 2016
- Supreme People's Court Annual Report on Intellectual Property Cases (2014) (China), Washington International Law Journal, 2016
- Supreme People's Court Annual Report on Intellectual Property Cases (2013) (China), Washington International Law Journal, 2015
- JD – University of Washington School of Law (2016)
- MEng – University of Toronto (2013)
- BS – University of Toronto (2011)
- US District Court Northern District of California
- US District Court Western District of Texas