Sandhya Taneja is an associate in the antitrust practice group in Axinn’s Washington, DC office. Her practice focuses on merger analysis and antitrust counseling.
Sandhya earned her JD from The George Washington University Law School. While there, she served as president of the law school’s Antitrust Law Association, worked as a research assistant for Professor William Kovacic, and served as a student attorney at the GW Health Rights Law Clinic.
While in school, Sandhya interned for the Honorable Zuberi Bakari Williams in the Circuit Court for Montgomery County. She also was a Special Prosecutions Division and District Court Screening Intern at the Montgomery County State's Attorney's Office.
Since graduating from George Washington, she clerked in the Montgomery County Circuit Court in Maryland with Judge Bibi M. Berry, focusing on family law and civil and criminal jury trials.
Sandhya holds a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of Maryland.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Bibi M. Berry, Montgomery County Circuit Court, Maryland
- ABA Antitrust Law Section, Quick Look Editorial Board (2023)
- ABA International Law Section Women’s Interest Network Newsletter, Editor-in-Chief (2022-2024)
- ABA International Law Section Women’s Interest Network Year In Review, Editor (2022-2024)
- Women’s Bar Association of Maryland, Arts Chair; Auction Chair (2022-2023)
- Asian Pacific Islander American Bar Association of Maryland, Social Chair (2022-2023)
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Leadership Academy Committee Member (2022-2023)
- University of Maryland Alumni Association Montgomery County Chapter, Board Member
2023 Epiq Women's Award for Justice and Advocacy
- JD – The George Washington University (2021)
- BA, Economics – University of Maryland (2017)
- District of Columbia