Carol Liu represents clients in all aspects of antitrust law, including mergers, high-stake litigation, government investigations and antitrust counseling. She has represented U.S. and foreign clients before the Department of Justice, Federal Trade Commission, and State AGs, and international enforcers in Europe and Asia, in connection with merger review and investigations. She also has experience defending clients in large antitrust and class action litigation. She has represented clients in various industries including aerospace, automobile, food and beverage, health care, insurance, pharmaceuticals, and technologies.
While at Axinn, Carol completed a secondment at a top law firm in Japan, where she represented Japanese and U.S. clients in merger view, litigation and investigation matters across Japan, the United States and Europe.
Carol maintains an active pro bono practice and has successfully assisted pro bono clients in obtaining political asylum in the United States.
Prior to joining Axinn, Carol was an associate at a global law firm, where her practice focused on corporate and securities law matters.
Carol received her J.D. from Harvard Law School in 2015, where she was a founding member of the Harvard China Law Association. She received her BA in Economics/Mathematics and Asian Studies, magna cum laude, from Mount Holyoke College in 2012. In 2020, Carol spent a year as a research student in the University of Tokyo School of Law, where she studied Antimonopoly law in Japan, and co-taught an undergraduate course in global competition law.
Carol is fluent in Mandarin Chinese, and has working proficiency in Japanese.
- Super Lawyers, Top Women Attorneys, Rising Stars (2021– 2022)
- Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” (2023)
- Axinn Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers 2023
- Axinn Advises McKesson on Joint Venture with HCA Healthcare
- Axinn Successfully Secures Asylum for Pro Bono Client
- New York State Bar Recognizes Twelve Axinn Attorneys
- Axinn Helps Johnson Controls Secure Global Antitrust Clearance for its $2 Billion Sale of Scott Safety to 3M
- Axinn Represented Johnson Controls International in the $2 Billion Sale of its Scott Safety Business to 3M
- View More ›
- Labor Markets and the Rise of No-Poach Litigation, American Bar Association, June 4, 2021
- Sister Company Liability for Antitrust Conspiracies: Open Questions in Reconciling Copperweld and Twombly, Perspectives in Antitrust, Fall 2017
- JD – Harvard Law School (2015)
- BA, magna cum laude, Economics – Mount Holyoke College (2012)
- New York
- US District Court Eastern District of New York
- US District Court Southern District of New York