Kail Jethmalani is an associate in the New York antitrust practice group.
At the University of Michigan Law School, Kail served as the Executive Production Editor on the Michigan Business and Entrepreneurial Law Review and as a research assistant to Professor Daniel Crane. Kail was a student attorney in Michigan’s International Transactions Clinic, where he assisted not-for-profit entities with foreign investments and anti-money laundering, OFAC and other regulatory compliance. Kail was also a research editor for three American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law publications: Antitrust Law Journal, Antitrust Magazine and The Antitrust Source.
Prior to joining the firm, Kail interned in the office of the United States Attorney for the Eastern Division of New York.
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyer Representative to the Section of Antitrust Law Corporate Counseling Committee (2017-2019)
- Super Lawyers, New York Metro Rising Stars (2018)
- In February of 2018, Axinn was nominated for Global Competition Review “Litigation of the Year – Cartel Defence” for its work on behalf of Nishikawa Rubber Company in the Auto Parts litigation. This award recognizes “creative, strategic and innovative litigation on behalf of a defendant in a private action for cartel damages.”
- Empire State Counsel Honoree for pro bono service (2017)
- Axinn Attorneys Named in Super Lawyers 2018
- Axinn Successfully Secures Asylum for Pro Bono Client
- Axinn Receives GCR Award Nomination for Cartel Representation
- New York State Bar Recognizes Twelve Axinn Attorneys
- GCR Nominates Axinn for Litigation of the Year, Deal of the Year and Dealmaker of the Year
- Axinn Represents Dell in $60 Billion Acquisition of EMC
- Axinn Obtains FTC Clearance for Dell’s $67B Acquisition of EMC
- Axinn Represents Charles River Laboratories in $585M Acquisition of WIL Research
- Axinn Represents Thermo Fisher in $1.3B Acquisition of Affymetrix
- Axinn Represents IDC in $5.2B Acquisition by ICE
- Axinn Obtains Antitrust Clearance for Caraustar Industries’ Acquisition of The Newark Group
- View More ›
- Chapter on Non-Prosecutorial Activities, DOJ Civil Antitrust Practice and Procedure Manual
- President Trump's Long-Awaited FTC Picks: Business as Usual, The Antitrust Counselor, November 2017
- Compliance Programs and Leniency Applications in Asian Jurisdictions, Cartel & Criminal Practice Committee Newsletter, Fall 2017
- No-Poaching Pacts Could Land HR Professionals in Jail, Bloomberg BNA, November 4, 2016
- It’s My Party v. Live Nation, American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Antitrust Committee Newsletter, Spring 2016
- Working the Clock: Strategic Choices in Managing Global Regulatory Review Timelines, The Antitrust Counselor, March 15, 2016
- ABA: "Monthly Antitrust Update Program for In-House Counsel November 2018"
- ABA: "Monthly Antitrust Update Program for In-House Counsel September 2018"
- ABA: "Monthly Antitrust Update Program for In-House Counsel June 2018"
- NYU Law School: "Practicing IP and Technology Law in the Private Sector"
- ABA: "Monthly Antitrust Update Program for In-House Counsel February 2018"
- New York State Bar Association, Why Antitrust?
- Axinn Attorneys Present Antitrust Update
- Building a Successful Legal Career as a South Asian
- JD, magna cum laude – University of Michigan Law School (2014) Order of the Coif
- BA – Skidmore College (2009)
- New York
- US District Court Eastern District of Michigan