James Hunsberger’s practice focuses on the full range of antitrust matters, including mergers, litigation, government investigations, and antitrust counseling. James has represented clients in a broad range of industries, including telecommunications, chemicals, semiconductors, consumer goods, building solutions, and international shipping. In addition to his significant experience before U.S. courts and agencies, James also has experience dealing with regulators in several other global jurisdictions, including Europe and China.
Prior to joining Axinn, James practiced in the antitrust group of a global law firm, where he represented major companies in merger reviews, litigation, and criminal investigations. James earned his JD at Georgetown University Law Center, where he was Articles Editor for The Georgetown Law Journal and a Legal Research & Writing Fellow. He holds an undergraduate degree in Economics from Cornell University.
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyer Representative to the Section of Antitrust Law Federal Civil Enforcement Committee (2021-2022)
- Axinn Promotes Matthew Murphy to Partner, James Hunsberger, Melanie Kiser, Michael O'Mara and Varnitha Siva to Counsel
- Axinn Represents Stanley Black & Decker in its $375 Million Acquisition of Excel Industries
- Axinn Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers 2022
- Axinn Represents Stanley Black & Decker in its $1.6 Billion Acquisition of the Remaining 80% Stake in MTD Holdings
- Axinn Advises Dell Technologies on $4B Sale of Boomi
- View More ›
- Axinn Elevates Scientist-Turned-Atty to Partner, 4 to Counsel, Law360 Pulse, January 7, 2022
- JD, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif – Georgetown University Law Center (2013)
- BA, Economics, with distinction in all subjects – Cornell University (2010)
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US District Court Southern District of New York