Ricardo Camposanto’s practice is focused on patent litigation, including service of clients in the fields of pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and wireless technologies. In addition to his extensive trial court experience, he has also practiced before the Federal and Fourth Circuits, Patent Trial and Appeals Board, and International Trade Commission. His practice further includes counseling services related to patent portfolio evaluation, drafting of licensing agreements and other contracts, and pro bono work related to local business disputes and Section 1983 civil rights litigation.
Ricardo graduated from the University of California at Berkeley in 2009 with a degree in Molecular and Cell Biology. He received his law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he served on the Editorial Board for the Virginia Law Review and worked in the Appellate Litigation Clinic. In 2014, he was a judicial extern to the Honorable Margaret M. Mann with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of California. He worked as a summer associate at Axinn in 2015.
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharm., Inc. et al. v. Mankind Pharma et al., No. 18-cv-689-CFC (D. Del.). Obtained favorable settlement following expert discovery in patent litigation concerning multi-billion dollar treatments for diabetes. Took and defended multiple fact and expert depositions.
- iCeutica Pty Ltd. et al. v. Novitium Pharma LLC, No. 18-cv-599-CFC (D. Del.). Represented generic drug manufacturer, Novitium, in Hatch-Waxman litigation involving multiple patents directed to meloxicam (Vivlodex®). Secured dismissal of case based on non-infringement position resulting in favorable settlement for Novitium. Defended depositions of two 30(b)(6) corporate witnesses. Assisted with Markman briefing and sat second-chair at related hearing. Drafted discovery requests and responses, and led meet-and-confer calls with opposing counsel.
- Omeros Corp. v. Par Sterile Products, LLC, No. 15-cv-773-RGA (D. Del). Represented generic drug manufacturer, Par, in Hatch-Waxman litigation involving multiple patents directed to ketorolac tromethamine/phenylephrine HCl (Omidria®). Secured favorable settlement for Par after three-day bench trial. Assisted with expert witness preparation, drafting of pre- and post-trial briefs, and written discovery.
- Alcon Pharms. Ltd. et al. v. Par Pharm. Inc., No. 15-cv-7240 (D.N.J.). Represented generic drug manufacturer, Par, in Hatch-Waxman litigation involving multiple patents directed to ciprofloxacin/dexamethasone (Ciprodex®). Secured dismissal of case based on non-infringement position resulting in favorable settlement for Par. Served second-chair in both fact and expert witness depositions, and handled written discovery disputes.
- Insys Therapeutics, Inc. v. Par Pharm., Inc., No. 17-cv-01078-LPS (D. Del.). Represented generic drug manufacturer, Par, in Hatch-Waxman litigation involving multiple patents directed to FDA-approved cannabinoid (Syndros®) used to treat anorexia in people with AIDS. Secured dismissal of case based on non-infringement position resulting in Par having the ability to launch upon approval of its ANDA product.
- Purdue Pharma L.P. et al. v. Alvogen Pine Brook LLC, C.A. No. 15-0687-TBD (consolidated) (D. Del.). Represented Alvogen in Hatch-Waxman patent litigation action against Purdue Pharmaceuticals and Grünenthal GmbH involving abuse-deterrent hydrocodone bitartrate extended-release tablets marketed as Hysingla® ER. Case settled favorably on the eve of trial. Participated in the preparation of expert witnesses and identification of documents to support invalidity and noninfringement positions.
- In re Certain UMTS and LTE Cellular Communication Modules and Products Containing the Same, No. 337-TA-1240 (ITC). Defended Thales in investigation relating to alleged infringement of cellular communications patents.
- Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” (2024)
- Axinn Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers 2024
- Litigator of the Week Honors for Patent Trial Success
- Axinn Achieves Trial Success for Norwich Pharmaceuticals as it Seeks to Market a Generic of Xifaxan®
- Commission Affirms Axinn’s ITC Victory for Thales
- Six Axinn Attorneys Named to Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll
- Axinn Representing Ex-Restaurant Workers of Bankrupt Celebrity Chef
- The District of Columbia Courts Recognize Four Axinn Attorneys in its 2019 Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll
- Axinn Obtains Favorable Settlement for Pro Bono Client
- View More ›
- Axinn IP Update: District Court Retains Subject Matter Jurisdiction But Grants Dismissal After Paragraph III Conversion, Axinn Update, July 8, 2020
- Axinn IP Update: No “Single-Entity” Requirement for Section 271(g) Liability, Axinn Update, December 30, 2019
- Data Analytics to Identify Hot Spots in Obviousness Challenges, Inside Counsel, February 29, 2016
- JD – University of Virginia School of Law (2016)
- BA, Molecular and Cell Biology – University of California at Berkeley (2009)
- District of Columbia