Rebecca Clegg is an associate in the Intellectual Property group in Axinn’s Hartford office. Her practice focuses on complex intellectual property litigation and counseling, particularly in the fields of medical devices, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and semiconductors. Rebecca regularly litigates medical device and Hatch-Waxman Paragraph IV patent infringement suits. She also has experience representing clients in commercial litigation cases.
Rebecca received her law degree from the University of Connecticut School of Law, where she served as Competition Editor for the Connecticut Law Review and worked in the Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship Law Clinic. Rebecca was a Summer Associate with Axinn in 2014. Rebecca graduated magna cum laude from Mount Holyoke College in 2012 with a degree in History and Physics.
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section, Science & Technology Law Section, and Young Lawyers Division
- Connecticut Bar Association, Intellectual Property and Young Lawyers Sections
- Connecticut Bar Association, IP Section Legislative Liaison
- Defended generic pharmaceutical company in Hatch-Waxman patent litigation concerning roughly three dozen patents from seven patent families directed to controlled release or abuse deterrent dosage forms.
- Represented medical device company in patent litigation concerning veterinary surgical plates.
- Represents multinational corporation in patent litigation relating to its quantum dot television displays.
- Advised client on patent issues relating to semiconductor fabrication and manufacturing tools.
- Defended generic pharmaceutical company in Hatch-Waxman patent litigation involving a boronic acid proteasome inhibitor.
- Defended financial industry service provider from multiple indemnification claims brought by bank.
- Represented pro bono client in a civil rights suit and obtained a settlement with an economic value of more than $1 million.
- Old Drug, New Tricks? How the BPCIA Could Increase Generic Competition for Insulins, BioProcess Online / Biosimilar Development, June 23, 2020
- What ACA's Uncertain Future Means for Biologics Patents, Law360, February 27, 2020
- Axinn IP Update: No Collateral Estoppel after PTAB Ruling on IPR, Axinn Update, October 9, 2019
- Axinn IP Update: U.S. Supreme Court Holds That Copyright Office Must Grant Copyright Registration Before Infringement Suit Can Be Filed, Axinn Update, March 5, 2019
- The CRISPR Tug of War, IPWatchdog, August 17, 2018
- JD – University of Connecticut School of Law (2015)
- BA, magna cum laude – Mount Holyoke College (2012)
- US District Court District of Connecticut