Michael O’Mara represents clients in all areas of antitrust law, including litigation, merger control, investigations, and counseling. He has experience with both domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, representing clients before the U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Trade Commission, and competition regulators in Europe, China, Korea, Japan, India, and other jurisdictions.
Prior to attending law school, Michael worked as a research assistant for the New England Public Policy Center at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. During his work he assisted with economic and public policy research primarily focused on issues of demographic and labor force trends and state and local public finance.
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyer Representative to the Section of Antitrust Law Economics Committee (2021 – 2022)
- Represent Tyson Foods in treble-damage class action litigations and regulatory investigations alleging industry-wide conspiracies to raise the prices of broiler chickens.
- Represented Silver Lake Partners LP in the merger of its sports marketing company IMG College with Learfield.
- Represented Johnson Controls in its $2 billion sale of Scott Safety to 3M.
- Represented Stanley Black & Decker in its $900 million acquisition of Craftsman from Sears.
- Represented Dell Technologies in its $67 billion acquisition of EMC.
- Represented Stanley Black & Decker in its successful defense of Section 1 group boycott claims brought by rival table saw manufacturer.
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (2017 – 2022)
- Empire State Counsel Honoree for pro bono service (2017)
- Axinn Promotes Matthew Murphy to Partner, James Hunsberger, Melanie Kiser, Michael O'Mara and Varnitha Siva to Counsel
- Three Axinn Articles Nominated for Antitrust Writing Awards
- Axinn Received Outstanding Achievement Award for Pro Bono Work
- Axinn Wins Unanimous Fourth Circuit Victory for Stanley Black & Decker
- New York State Bar Recognizes Twelve Axinn Attorneys
- Axinn Representing Silver Lake Partners LP in IMG/Learfield Merger
- Axinn Helps Johnson Controls Secure Global Antitrust Clearance for its $2 Billion Sale of Scott Safety to 3M
- Axinn Represents Johnson Controls International in the $2 Billion Sale of its Scott Safety Business to 3M
- GCR Nominates Axinn for Litigation of the Year, Deal of the Year and Dealmaker of the Year
- Axinn Represents Stanley Black & Decker in its Purchase of the Craftsman Brand from Sears Holdings
- Axinn Wins Summary Judgment for Stanley Black & Decker
- Axinn Represents Dell in $60 Billion Acquisition of EMC
- Axinn Obtains FTC Clearance for Dell’s $67B Acquisition of EMC
- Axinn is Lead Antitrust Counsel in Dell’s $67B Acquisition of EMC
- Axinn Wins Motion to Dismiss Monopolization Suit for Stanley Black & Decker
- View More ›
- Remedies in the Context of Multi-Jurisdictional Mergers, GCR Insight: Merger Remedies Guide, October 2021
- Managing Timing of Multi-Jurisdictional Review, GCR Insight: Merger Remedies Guide, October 2020
- Managing Timing of Multi-Jurisdictional Review, GCR Insight: Merger Remedies Guide, October 1, 2019
- JD, cum laude – Duke University (2013)
- AB, with Honors – Brown University (2007)
- District of Columbia
- New York