David Pearl’s practice focuses on antitrust law, particularly merger review, government investigations, and counseling. He has guided clients through all stages of regulatory review of cross-border mergers and other large-scale transactions. David has also counseled clients on, among other things, the antitrust risk associated with proposed acquisitions, Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission conduct investigations, gun-jumping, interlocking directorates, and Accountable Care Organizations. David’s experience spans a number of industries, including technology, aerospace, healthcare, and financial services.
Prior to joining Axinn, David practiced in the antitrust group of a global law firm and subsequently gained significant high-level government experience as a senior political appointee at the U.S. Department of the Treasury during the Obama Administration. While at the Treasury, David oversaw the policy development process for the entire department and led the planning efforts for the 2016 Presidential Transition. David also has spent time on several presidential campaigns and co-founded a voting rights technology start-up.
2017 – Recipient of the Treasury Medal (second-highest honor that the Treasury Secretary can bestow)
- Klobuchar Proposes Bill That Would Overhaul U.S. Antitrust Law, Daily Journal, June 1, 2021
- Highlights From OECD Roundtable on Conglomerate Mergers, Law360, July 13, 2020
- Let Me Ride: No Short-Cuts in the Antitrust Analysis of Ride Hailing, CLA: Competition, Fall 2019, Vol 29, No. 2, Fall 2019
- Competition in Display Ad Technology: A Retrospective Look at Google/Doubleclick and Google/Admob, Competition Policy International, April 17, 2019
Proposed Rule Ties Withdrawal of HSR to SEC Notification (co-author), The M&A Lawyer, 2013
ACO’s and Their Antitrust Implications (co-author), The ACO Handbook: A Guide to Accountable Care Organizations, 2012
- JD – Harvard Law School (2008)
- BS, Psychobiology, cum laude – University of California, Los Angeles (2004)
- District of Columbia