Tiffany Rider has close to 20 years of experience focusing on criminal antitrust cartel investigations; follow-on antitrust class action litigation and arbitration; and complex mergers and acquisitions.
Regarded as a prominent antitrust advisor, Tiffany has been named by Chambers USA among "America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2018" and in Legal 500 U.S. Tiffany has defended companies and individuals in consequential international cartel cases, advocating before the Department of Justice, European Commission and Canadian Competition Bureau, among a number of other global enforcement agencies. She also has extensive experience in civil follow-on MDLs, civil litigation and arbitration. In her counseling and compliance practice, she designs and implements global competition compliance programs for clients in diverse industries, including technology, manufacturing, transportation and financial services. Additionally, Tiffany has extensive experience representing clients on significant mergers and acquisitions, including before both the Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission.
Tiffany is a frequent speaker on panels regarding international competition developments, including follow-on European litigation. She has held key ABA leadership roles as a Chair of the Civil Practice and Procedure Committee and now as a member of the International Cartel Task Force. Prior to joining Axinn, Tiffany practiced in the antitrust department of a large, global law firm.
- American Bar Association, International Cartel Task Force
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law: Former Co-Chair, Civil Practice & Procedure Committee
- American Bar Association, "Perspectives in Antitrust" Newsletter, Founder & Former Editor
- Currently lead counsel defending Tyson Foods in multiple major treble-damage class action litigations and regulatory investigations alleging industry-wide conspiracies to raise the prices of pork and turkey.
- Represented Corning Incorporated in the auto part criminal investigation and follow-on civil MDL.
- Represented Horizon Lines in the cabotage shipping criminal investigation and follow-on civil MDL, as well as its transactions valued at $610 million with Pasha and Matson.
- Represented EQT Corporation in its $720 million sales of its natural gas distribution business to Peoples Natural Gas.
- Represented Sprint in its opposition to AT&T’s proposed acquisition of T-Mobile. This case was recognized in the 2012 Financial Times “US Innovative Lawyers” report.
- Represented BHP Billiton in its proposed $150 billion acquisition of Rio Tinto (received Department of Justice clearance).
* Includes matters handled prior to joining Axinn
- Chambers USA – District of Columbia: Antitrust: Litigation Specialists (2018 – 2021)
- Named to "Women Worth Watching 2019" by Profiles in Diversity Journal
- Legal 500 U.S.
- Axinn’s Antitrust Practice Nationally Ranked by The Legal 500 United States for 2021
- Chambers USA 2021 Recognizes Axinn Lawyers and Practice Groups
- Eight Axinn Articles Nominated for Antitrust Writing Awards
- Chambers USA 2020 Recognizes Axinn Lawyers and Practice Groups
- Tiffany Rider Named a Profiles in Diversity Journal Woman Worth Watching
- Axinn Secures Dismissal of Class Action Conspiracy Claims for Tyson Foods
- Axinn’s Antitrust Practice Nationally Ranked by The Legal 500 United States
- Chambers USA 2019 Recognizes Axinn Lawyers and Practice Groups
- Prominent Antitrust Adviser Tiffany Rider Joins Axinn in Washington, DC
- View More ›
- DOJ's 1st Wage-Fixing Indictment is a Warning to Cos., Law360, December 14, 2020
- 4 Tips for Effective Antitrust Compliance Regimes, Law360, March 12, 2020
- Criminal Antitrust Enforcement Has A New Leader, Law360, May 21, 2018
Individuals as Whistleblowers, Cartels and Leniency, International Comparative Legal Guide, 2017
United States: Private Antitrust Litigation, Global Competition Review, 2017
International Cartel Investigations, Responding to a DOJ Investigation Chapter, ABA Handbook (Forthcoming)
United States: Private Antitrust Litigation, Global Competition Review, 2016
Horizontal Agreements and Cartels in EU Competition Law, Detection of Cartels Chapter, Oxford University Press, 2015
United States: Private Antitrust Litigation, Global Competition Review, 2015
United States: Private Antitrust Litigation, Global Competition Review, 2014
Antitrust Litigation and Enforcement - Gone Global, Competition Law 360, 2012
Sharis A. Pozen: An Insider's Candid Views of Competition Issues Past and Future, Concurrences Journal, November 2012
Disclosure Questions Ripples Both Sides of the Pond, Comp Law 360, January 10, 2012
- GCR Interactive: Cartels Virtual Conference
- ABA Monthly Update for Corporate Counsel September 2020
- ABA 13th International Cartel Workshop
- ABA Cartel and Criminal Practice: Bi-Monthly Criminal Antitrust Update
- ABA 67th Annual Section of Antitrust Law Spring Meeting
- Why Antitrust
- CompLaw Antitrust West Coast Conference
- Competition Law Nordic Conference
- Cartel Enforcement Strategies: A Comparative Perspective Brazil - U.S.
- ABA 66th Annual Section of Antitrust Law Spring Meeting
- ABA 65th Annual Section of Antitrust Law Spring Meeting
- Hot Topics and Trends in Global Cartel Investigations
- Careers in International Antitrust Law and Economic Consulting
- Leniency Applications in Multi-Jurisdictional Antitrust Cases
- International Coordination in 3D
- The Cutting Edge of U.S. M&A: Issues in Dealmaking and Antitrust
- ABA 63rd Annual Section of Antitrust Law Spring Meeting
- FTAIA Update: How Direct is "Direct?"
- Sharing is Daring: Information Exchanges Around the Globe
- ABA International Cartel Workshop
- Private Antitrust Damage Actions
- ABA 61st Annual Section of Antitrust Law Spring Meeting
- 2011 Year-End Review of FTAIA Cases: Is the Pendulum Swinging Back Towards the Plaintiffs?
- JD, magna cum laude – Indiana University School of Law (2002)
- BA, Theatre Arts – University of California, Los Angeles (1992)
- District of Columbia
- US District Court Northern District of Indiana
- US District Court Southern District of Indiana
- US District Court District of Columbia
- US District Court Eastern District of Michigan