Tiffany Rider has over 20 years of experience focusing on criminal antitrust cartel investigations; follow-on antitrust class action litigation; and complex mergers and acquisitions.
Regarded as a prominent antitrust advisor, Tiffany has been ranked by Chambers USA as an "Antitrust: Litigation Specialist" and recognized in Legal 500 United States. Tiffany has represented companies and individuals in consequential domestic and international cartel cases, advocating before the Department of Justice and European Commission, among a number of other global enforcement agencies. She also has extensive experience in civil follow-on MDLs, civil litigation and arbitration.
In her counseling and compliance practice, Tiffany designs and implements global competition compliance programs tailored to meet the diverse needs of clients in a wide array of industries, including technology, manufacturing, transportation, food and beverage, health care and financial services. Additionally, Tiffany has extensive experience representing clients on significant mergers and acquisitions, including before both the Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission.
Tiffany is a frequent speaker on panels on criminal antitrust and civil litigation issues. She has held several key ABA leadership roles, including on the International Cartel Task Force, Civil Practice and Procedure Committee, and the Diversity Plan Task Force. She served by invitation from the US DOJ as a non-governmental advisor (NGA) for the International Competition Network (ICN) at the 2021 Annual Conference.
Prior to joining Axinn, Tiffany practiced in the antitrust department of a large, global law firm.
- American Bar Association, International Cartel Task Force
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law: Former Co-Chair, Civil Practice & Procedure Committee
- American Bar Association, "Perspectives in Antitrust" Newsletter, Founder & Former Editor
- American Bar Association, Women.Connected Advisory Board, Founder
- American Bar Association, Diversity Plan Task Force
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, Membership Vice Chair
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Student Ambassador Program, Leadership
- Currently, lead counsel defending Tyson Foods in multiple major treble-damage class action litigations and regulatory investigations alleging industry-wide conspiracies to raise the prices of pork and turkey.
- Represented a company and obtained leniency in a DOJ no-poach investigation.
- Represented several individuals successfully in a DOJ no-poach investigation.
- Represented Corning Incorporated in the auto part criminal investigation and follow-on civil MDL.
- Successfully closed a no-poach investigation.
- Successfully closed a bid-rigging investigation of a defense contracting firm.
- Successfully closed a price-fixing investigation of an international shipping company.
- Represented Horizon Lines in the cabotage shipping criminal investigation and follow-on civil MDL, as well as its transactions valued at $610 million with Pasha and Matson.
- Represented EQT Corporation in its $720 million sales of its natural gas distribution business to Peoples Natural Gas.
- Represented Sprint in its opposition to AT&T’s proposed acquisition of T-Mobile. This case was recognized in the 2012 Financial Times “U.S. Innovative Lawyers” report.
- Represented BHP Billiton in its proposed $150 billion acquisition of Rio Tinto (received Department of Justice clearance).
* Includes matters handled prior to joining Axinn
- Chambers USA – District of Columbia: Antitrust: Litigation Specialists (2018 – 2023)
- Named to Business Today's Top 10 DC Antitrust Litigation Specialists to Watch in 2023
- Lawdragon, 500 Leading Litigators in America (2023-2024)
- Named to "Women Worth Watching 2019" by Profiles in Diversity Journal
- Legal 500 US
- Axinn Partner Tiffany Rider Named to Business Today Top 10 DC Antitrust Litigation Specialists to Watch in 2023
- Axinn Partners Named to 2024 Lawdragon 500 Leading Litigators in America
- Axinn’s Antitrust Practice Nationally Ranked by The Legal 500 United States for 2023
- Chambers USA 2023 Recognizes Axinn Lawyers and Practice Groups
- Axinn Partners Named to Lawdragon 500 Leading Litigators in America
- Axinn’s Antitrust Practice Nationally Ranked by The Legal 500 United States for 2022
- Chambers USA 2022 Recognizes Axinn Lawyers and Practice Groups
- Axinn’s Antitrust Practice Nationally Ranked by The Legal 500 United States for 2021
- Chambers USA 2021 Recognizes Axinn Lawyers and Practice Groups
- Six Axinn Articles Nominated for Antitrust Writing Awards
- Chambers USA 2020 Recognizes Axinn Lawyers and Practice Groups
- Tiffany Rider Named a Profiles in Diversity Journal Woman Worth Watching
- Axinn Secures Dismissal of Class Action Conspiracy Claims for Tyson Foods
- Axinn’s Antitrust Practice Nationally Ranked by The Legal 500 United States
- Chambers USA 2019 Recognizes Axinn Lawyers and Practice Groups
- Prominent Antitrust Adviser Tiffany Rider Joins Axinn in Washington, DC
- View More ›
- Losing Per Se: Potential Fallout From the U.S. Department of Justice’s No-Poach Enforcement, Concurrences Review: No-Poach Agreements – Closing the Enforcement Gap, November 24, 2023
- Criminal Monopolization Plea Fuels DOJ Antitrust Mandate, Law360, November 1, 2022
- True Crime? An Investigation Into DOJ’s Recent Policy Change on Criminal Monopolization Prosecutions, Our Curious Amalgam, May 30, 2022
- Criminal Monopolization Prosecutions: DOJ's Recent Policy Change, Past Cases, and Potential Obstacles, ABA The Antitrust Counselor, May 23, 2022
- Will DOJ Really Bring Criminal Monopolization Charges?, Legal Speak, April 30, 2022
- Clogged Pipelines: Study Finds Women Attorneys Still Outnumbered in Federal Appeals, The Indiana Lawyer, January 5, 2022
- DOJ's 1st Wage-Fixing Indictment is a Warning to Cos., Law360, December 14, 2020
- The U.S. DOJ Indicts a Former Owner of a North Texas Physical Therapist Staffing Company for Conspiring With Competitors to Suppress Wages (Neeraj Jindal), Concurrences e-Competitions Bulletin, December 9, 2020
- 4 Tips for Effective Antitrust Compliance Regimes, Law360, March 12, 2020
- Criminal Antitrust Enforcement Has A New Leader, Law360, May 21, 2018
Individuals as Whistleblowers, Cartels and Leniency, International Comparative Legal Guide, 2017
United States: Private Antitrust Litigation, Global Competition Review, 2017
International Cartel Investigations, Responding to a DOJ Investigation Chapter, ABA Handbook (Forthcoming)
United States: Private Antitrust Litigation, Global Competition Review, 2016
Horizontal Agreements and Cartels in EU Competition Law, Detection of Cartels Chapter, Oxford University Press, 2015
United States: Private Antitrust Litigation, Global Competition Review, 2015
United States: Private Antitrust Litigation, Global Competition Review, 2014
Antitrust Litigation and Enforcement - Gone Global, Competition Law 360, 2012
Sharis A. Pozen: An Insider's Candid Views of Competition Issues Past and Future, Concurrences Journal, November 2012
Disclosure Questions Ripples Both Sides of the Pond, Comp Law 360, January 10, 2012
- CompLaw 32nd Annual Advanced EU Competition Law Brussels Conference
- CompLaw 31st Annual Advanced EU Competition Law Conference Brussels
- The Changing Cartel Enforcement Climate: Wisdom & War Stories
- ABA 14th International Cartel Workshop
- CompLaw Antitrust West Coast Conference 2022
- ABA 70th Annual Section of Antitrust Law Spring Meeting
- Antitrust Criminal Enforcement – Trends and Recent Developments
- Edward Bennett Williams American Inn of Court Event
- 2021 International Competition Network Annual Conference
- GCR Interactive: Cartels Virtual Conference
- ABA Monthly Update for Corporate Counsel September 2020
- ABA 13th International Cartel Workshop
- ABA Cartel and Criminal Practice: Bi-Monthly Criminal Antitrust Update
- ABA 67th Annual Section of Antitrust Law Spring Meeting
- Why Antitrust
- CompLaw Antitrust West Coast Conference 2019
- Competition Law Nordic Conference
- Cartel Enforcement Strategies: A Comparative Perspective Brazil - U.S.
- ABA 66th Annual Section of Antitrust Law Spring Meeting
- ABA 65th Annual Section of Antitrust Law Spring Meeting
- Hot Topics and Trends in Global Cartel Investigations
- Careers in International Antitrust Law and Economic Consulting
- Leniency Applications in Multi-Jurisdictional Antitrust Cases
- International Coordination in 3D
- The Cutting Edge of U.S. M&A: Issues in Dealmaking and Antitrust
- ABA 63rd Annual Section of Antitrust Law Spring Meeting
- FTAIA Update: How Direct is "Direct?"
- Sharing is Daring: Information Exchanges Around the Globe
- ABA International Cartel Workshop
- Private Antitrust Damage Actions
- ABA 61st Annual Section of Antitrust Law Spring Meeting
- 2011 Year-End Review of FTAIA Cases: Is the Pendulum Swinging Back Towards the Plaintiffs?
- JD, magna cum laude – Indiana University School of Law (2002)
- BA, Theatre Arts – University of California, Los Angeles (1992)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
"Tiffany is a fantastic litigator." "A strategic thinker."
– Chambers USA 2022
"She is excellent in both cartel and litigation matters." "She is very experienced in antitrust law and excels in coming up with practical advice." "She has a great rapport with clients and is a pleasure to work with."
– Chambers USA 2021
"…A rock solid attorney, she's disarmingly friendly but an absolute beast when it comes to her command of the law…she's wicked smart."
– Chambers USA 2020