Ross Blau is an associate in the Intellectual Property group in Axinn’s New York office. His practice involves counseling for both generic pharmaceutical products and biosimilar products, and litigation, primarily focusing on patent infringement suits related to generic pharmaceutical products under the Hatch-Waxman Act.
His practice also includes litigation on complex antitrust cases involving generic pharmaceutical products, including allegations involving standard setting activity. Ross’ experience also extends into copyright/trademark disputes and counseling regarding trade secrets. During law school, Ross authored portions of an amicus brief submitted to the U.S. Supreme Court in Halo Elecs. Inc. v. Pulse Elecs. Inc. and Stryker Corp. v. Zimmer Inc.
- Effects of GSK v Teva Ripple after SCOTUS Denies Cert, Life Sciences IP Review, May 23, 2023
- Axinn IP Update: Supreme Court Denies Cert. in Skinny Label Case, but the Impacts from GSK v. Teva Continue, May 15, 2023
- Pharmaceutical Supply Chain – Patent Considerations, American Bar Association, July 28, 2022
- Axinn IP Update: Federal Circuit Denies Petition for Rehearing En Banc in GSK v. Teva, February 17, 2022
- Navigating Uncertainty in Digital Health Patent Eligibility, Law360, March 2, 2020
- Axinn IP Update: Six Patents Directed to Humanized Monoclonal Antibodies Fall at PTAB, Axinn Update, February 27, 2020
- Axinn IP Update: Section 287(c) Immunity Has Its Limits, Axinn Update, November 18, 2019
- Axinn IP Update: Federal Circuit Says Method of Treatment Claims Are Not Per Se Eligible Under Section 101, Axinn Update, August 29, 2019
- 2017 Federal Circuit Obviousness Decisions in Biopharma: 5 Takeaways, Westlaw Journal, April 17, 2018
- JD, cum laude – Washington and Lee University School of Law, Intellectual Property Fellow (2017)
- AB, Honors – University of Chicago (2013)
- New York
- US District Court Southern District of New York