Ramya Auroprem is an associate in the Intellectual Property group in Axinn’s San Francisco office. Her practice focuses on patent litigation, particularly cases involving wireless communications technology. Her experience includes matters before the federal courts and the United States International Trade Commission. She was a summer associate with Axinn in 2019.
Ramya earned her JD at the University of California, Davis School of Law, where she served as an Executive Editor of the UC Davis Law Review, President of the King Hall Intellectual Property Law Association, and Scheduling Chair of the King Hall Moot Court Honors Board. Prior to joining Axinn, Ramya was a judicial extern for the Hon. Elizabeth D. Laporte in the United States District Court for the District of Northern California and a research assistant for Prof. Andrea Chandrasekher. She holds a BS in Chemical Biology from the University of California, Berkeley.
- South Asian Bar Association, Northern California Chapter
- The Uncertain Future of Patent Indefiniteness Under Federal Circuit's Deference Standard, Bloomberg Law, May 6, 2022
- Axinn IP Update: Federal Circuit Confirms That AAPA Cannot Be the Basis for IPRs, But Leaves the “Basis” Determination Question Open, Axinn Update, February 3, 2022
- New U.S. Legislation Creates Momentum for Biosimilars, BioProcess Online, June 25, 2021
- FDA's Longtime Approach to New Chemical Entity Designations Now Codified, Outsourced Pharma and Pharmaceutical Online, June 14, 2021
- JD – University of California, Davis School of Law (2020)
- BS – University of California, Berkeley (2017)
- US District Court Northern District of California