Matt Murphy practices in the areas of intellectual property and complex litigation. He has represented clients in the pharmaceutical, life sciences, medical device, consumer driven healthcare, and lighting industries in a variety of legal matters, including patent litigation, trade secret disputes, sham litigation proceedings, and contract actions. In connection with this work, Matt has contributed to the development of novel remedies arguments to defend a number of multi-million dollar claims.
Prior to joining the firm, Matt spent seven years actively conducting research and development for leading pharmaceutical and medical device companies. He relies on his combination of real world experience and expanding legal knowledge to counsel clients on a variety of technical and complex patent issues.
- American Bar Association, Section of Intellectual Property Law
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Representation of a major public corporation in a trade secret and breach of contract litigation involving electronics products in the United States Court for the District of Connecticut.
- Representation of a leading manufacturer in patent litigation concerning food products in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Defense of a billion dollar patent litigation involving a generic drug in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (2019)
- Axinn Promotes Josh Reisberg to Partner, Bradley Justus and Matt Murphy to Counsel
- Axinn Successfully Argues for Claim Construction in Mayne v. Merck
- Axinn Secures IPR Victory for Par in Challenge to Horizon’s Ravicti Patent
- Entire Market Value Rule Vs. 'Convoyed Sales' Rule
- Axinn Wins Preliminary Injunction for WEX Health (formerly known as Evolution1)
- View More ›
- Axinn IP Update: Federal Circuit Addresses BPCIA Safe Harbor, Damages, Axinn Update, December 19, 2019
- After-Developed Defenses Still Relevant After Halo, Law360, July 15, 2016
- Entire Market Value Rule Vs. 'Convoyed Sales' Rule, Law360, April 7, 2014
- Should The Entire Market Value Rule Apply To Lost Profits?, Law360, November 5, 2013
- JD – University of Connecticut School of Law (2009)
- BS, Chemistry, cum laude – University of Connecticut (2001)
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US District Court District of Connecticut