Craig Reiser represents clients whose reputations are on the line in complex, bet-the-company litigation, with a focus on defending global law firms facing malpractice and breach-of-duty claims and defending high-stakes antitrust class actions.
He is known for his ability to quickly identify and simplify difficult legal issues and formulate winning strategies tailored to the unique circumstances of each case.
Craig’s litigation experience spans federal and state courts across the country—at both the trial and appellate level—as well as arbitral tribunals.
He has defended malpractice and breach-of-duty claims against major international law firms, in numerous forums, with collective exposures in the billions. He is currently representing a global law firm in federal bankruptcy court, has represented numerous major law firms in connection with malpractice claims arising from various commercial transactions, and won a precedent-setting dismissal of a $7 billion putative class action brought against a global law firm by non-client investors. In addition, Craig serves as a member of Axinn’s professional responsibility committee.
Craig also has represented clients in an array of other complex litigations, including his ongoing defense of a global pharmaceuticals company in one of the largest antitrust multidistrict litigations in the country and his ongoing defense of a healthcare technology company accused of conspiring to monopolize electronic prescribing.
Craig has an active pro bono practice that includes federal appellate representation of indigent clients in civil and immigration matters.
Before private practice, Craig served as a law clerk for the Honorable Eduardo C. Robreno of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and for the Honorable Kent A. Jordan of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Craig’s representative matters include the following:
- Currently defending global law firm in connection with malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty claims arising from its defense of the rapper 50 Cent in rights of publicity dispute.
- Defended global law firm in connection with claims asserted by the Stanford Financial equity receiver and investors, securing dismissal of investor claims in precedent-setting interlocutory appeal of $7 billion putative class action.
- Defended global law firm in connection with multimillion-dollar malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty claims arising from real estate transaction.
- Defended global law firm in connection with malpractice claims arising from tax advice.
- Currently defending Alvogen, Inc. in the sprawling Generic Pharmaceuticals MDL, where plaintiffs allege participation in an industry wide conspiracy to raise prices of generic drugs.
- Currently defending healthcare technology company in class action alleging conspiracy to monopolize electronic prescribing.
Other Complex Litigation
- Currently defending Alvogen, Inc. in the Opioids MDL and in Pennsylvania state court.
- Currently defending financial services provider in connection with contractual indemnification claim in Pennsylvania state court.
- Represented investment bank in connection with litigation relating to mortgage-backed securities and collateralized debt obligations in state and federal courts across the country.
- Successfully defended trade secret claims asserted against registered broker-dealer in an eight-figure FINRA arbitration.
- How I Made Partner: Craig Reiser, Law.com, August 9, 2021
- A Lawyer's Guide to Client Service Continuity Planning, Law360, May 22, 2020
A Dynamic Formula for the Amount in Controversy, The Federal Courts Law Review, 2013
The Unconstitutional Application of Summary Judgment in Factually Intensive Inquiries, University of Pennsylvania Journal of Constitutional Law, 2009
- JD, summa cum laude – University of Pennsylvania Law School (2010)
- Honors BA, Political Science, summa cum laude – University of Delaware (2007)
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US District Court Eastern District of New York
- US District Court Southern District of New York