Trade Secret IP Protection & Management West Coast Summit
March 16, 2023
On March 16, Axinn partners Matt Murphy and Jason Murata spoke at Trade Secret IP Protection & Management's West Coast Summit, held March 15-16 in San Diego.
Matt spoke on the "Equitable and Monetary Remedies, Including Exemplary Damages and Attorneys’ Fees" panel. Panelists discussed several topics, including:
- The available equitable remedies under state and federal trade secrets laws, including ex parte seizure orders, temporary restraining orders, and preliminary and permanent injunctions.
- The available monetary remedies for trade secret misappropriation under the DTSA and UTSA, including damages, unjust enrichment, and a reasonable royalty.
- When exemplary damages and attorneys’ fees awards are available.
Jason moderated the "Trade Secret Value Chain: From Start-Ups to SMEs" panel. Panelists discussed:
- The different IP protection mechanisms available to organizations.
- Types of agreements in internal and external trade secret protection measures.
- The optimum strategy for fundraising while still maintaining a high level of trade secrecy.
- Key steps to protect trade secret for start-ups and SME's.
Click here for more information.