Axinn partners Jason Murata and Ted Mathias will speak at American Conference Institute's 9th Annual Paragraph IV Disputes Master Symposium, being held October 24-25 in Chicago.
On October 24, Jason will speak on a panel entitled, "Insights on the Future of §112: Satisfying the Requirements of Enablement and Written Description under Amgen v. Sanofi." Panelists will discuss:
- The Supreme Court’s consideration of the enablement requirement taking stock of what the decision means when a patent claims a class of novel compounds or antibodies.
- The impact of the decision on the ability to protect broader foundational innovations and the impact of other influential §112 cases like Juno, Biogen and Idenix.
- Whether patentees must disclose enough information to “enable” people of ordinary skill in the relevant art to “reach the full scope” of a claimed invention.
- Implementing best practices for patent prosecution in view of the decision and strengthening and invalidating patent claims moving post Amgen v. Sanofi.
On October 25, Ted will speak on a panel entitled, "A 360 Degree Examination of Reverse-Payment Settlements: Non-Monetary Provisions, State Legislation, Expert Testimony, and Recent Litigation." Panelists will discuss:
- Recent trends in how agencies and courts approach reverse payments.
- Settlement strategies from the perspectives of brands and generics.
- Structuring agreements and identifying antitrust concerns.
The state legislation directly addressing “reverse payment” patent settlements.
- Avoiding costly litigation and associated penalties by effectively complying with the law.
Click here to learn more, including how to register.