On July 26, Axinn partner Jeny Maier and counsel Rebecca Clegg spoke at American Conference Institute's 10th Annual Women Leaders in Life Sciences Law Conference held July 26-27 in Boston.
Jeny spoke on a panel entitled, "The Present and Future Landscape of Life Sciences M&A: Behind the Scenes of the Deal Making Re-Shaping an Industry." Panelists discussed:
- The current M&A landscape.
- How the life sciences industry continues to see increasing mergers and acquisitions despite pressure from volatile markets and regulatory scrutiny.
- Anticipated trends in pharma and biotech deal-making.
- Opportunities and risks defining the new deal-making landscape.
- Recent involvement by the FTC and antitrust authorities in life sciences mergers and acquisitions.
Rebecca spoke on a panel entitled, "Grappling with the Implications of the Inflation Reduction Act: Exploring What the True Impact Will be on the Future of Drug Pricing, Innovation and Commercialization." Panelists discussed:
- The anticipated effects of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 (IRA) on life science companies' business strategies and operations.
- How the IRA may influence future patent litigation strategies for drug companies.
- The nuances of the IRA drug pricing reform provisions.
Click here for more information.