Varnitha Siva represents clients in all areas of antitrust law, including merger control, complex litigation, government investigations, and counseling. In addition to representing clients in merger reviews and investigations before the U.S. Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission, she also has experience with competition regulators in Europe, China, Brazil, India, and other jurisdictions. Varnitha has worked with clients in a broad range of industries, including technology, health care, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, and consumer goods.
Varnitha received her JD in 2013 from Howard University School of Law. During law school, she was a Law Clerk at the Federal Trade Commission in the Office of Commissioner William E. Kovacic.
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law
- Advised Thermo Fisher Scientific in its $12.5 billion tender offer for QIAGEN N.V.
- Represented McKesson in its $3.4 billion healthcare technology joint venture with Change Healthcare (which was unconditionally cleared after a Second Request investigation).
- Assisted Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. in its $4.2 billion acquisition of FEI Company.
- Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” (2022)
- Axinn Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers 2022
- Axinn Advised Thermo Fisher on $12.5B Acquisition of QIAGEN
- Axinn Secures Antitrust Clearance for McKesson’s Transaction with Change Healthcare to Form $3.4 Billion New Healthcare Information Technology Company
- Axinn Represents Thermo Fisher in $4.2 Billion Acquisition of FEI
- JD – Howard University School of Law (2013)
- BS – Virginia Tech (2009)
- New York