Tal Elmatad is an antitrust associate in the firm’s New York office. He earned his JD, cum laude at New York University School of Law, where he was Staff Editor of the NYU Journal of Legislation and Public Policy. Tal served as a research assistant to Professor Jennifer Arlen and as an Honors Legal intern at the Securities and Exchange Commission’s enforcement division.
He was a Summer Associate at Axinn in 2016. Prior to law school, Tal worked at Bates White Economic Consulting in its Mergers and Monopolization group, where he supported American Express’ expert witness in DOJ’s challenge to American Express’ merchant rules. Additionally, Tal worked as a senior research assistant for the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston’s New England Public Policy Center where he conducted research relating to the regional economy and public finance. Tal graduated cum laude from Rutgers University with a degree in Economics (High Honors) and Political Science and a minor in Mathematics.
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyer Representative to the Section of Antitrust Law Future of Competition Law Standards Task Force (2019-2020)
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyer Representative to the Section of Antitrust Law Dominance Divergence Task Force (2018-2019)
- Lawrence Lederman Fellow in Law and Economics
- Jacobson Leadership in Law and Business Scholar
- Transatlantisch gebruik van verklaringen: medewerkingsplicht in de EU kan leiden tot verboden zelfincriminatie in de VS (Transatlantic use of witness statements: how EU cooperation obligations can lead to violation of the Fifth Amendment), Tijdschrift Mededingingsrecht in de Praktijk, December 2017
(In support role) Competition in Display Ad Technology: A Retrospective Look at Google/Doubleclick and Google/Admob, Competition Policy International, April 17, 2019
(In support role) Cash Tender Offers Under the HSR Act: Protecting an Efficient Market for Corporate Control, Antitrust Magazine, Fall 2016
(In support role) Strategic Bias Shifting: Herding as a Behaviorally Rational Response to Regret Aversion, Journal of Legal Analysis, Volume 7, Issue 2, 1 December 2015, Pages 517–560
(In support role) The Quest for Cost-Efficient Local Government in New England: What Role for Regional Consolidation?, New England Public Policy Center Research Reports, 2013
The Bank of North Dakota: A Model for Massachusetts and Other States?, New England Public Policy Center Research Reports, 2011
- JD, cum laude – New York University School of Law (2017)
- BA, Economics & Political Science, cum laude – Rutgers University (2010)
- New York