Patrick Shaw’s practice focuses on helping clients with a range of antitrust issues, including antitrust litigation, government investigations, merger review, and antitrust counseling. Patrick’s experience includes representing Tyson Foods, Inc. in multiple class action litigations, representing Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. in its proposed $12.5 billion acquisition for QIAGEN N.V., and representing H.I.G. Capital and its portfolio company Caraustar Industries in the sale of Caraustar to Greif, Inc. for $1.8 billion.
Patrick is also committed to pro bono work. Patrick was awarded High Honors on the 2020 District of Columbia Pro Bono Honor Roll for his work representing a group of former restaurant employees pursuing claims against their former employer under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Patrick received his law degree from Georgetown University Law Center, cum laude, in 2018. While at Georgetown, Patrick served as the president of the Georgetown Antitrust Law Association student organization and was a member of The Tax Lawyer Journal. During law school, Patrick was a judicial extern in the chambers of The Honorable Ann Marie Calabria at the North Carolina Court of Appeals in 2016 and a Summer Associate with Axinn in 2017.
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Advised Thermo Fisher Scientific in its $12.5 billion tender offer for QIAGEN N.V.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital and its portfolio company Caraustar Industries in the sale of Caraustar to Greif, Inc. for $1.8 billion.
- Nine Axinn Attorneys Named to Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll
- Axinn Representing Ex-Restaurant Workers of Bankrupt Celebrity Chef
- Axinn Advised Thermo Fisher on $12.5B Acquisition of QIAGEN
- Three Axinn Articles Nominated for Antitrust Writing Awards
- Axinn Helps H.I.G. Capital Secure Sale of Caraustar to Greif, Inc. for $1.8 billion
- View More ›
- Let Me Ride: No Short-Cuts in the Antitrust Analysis of Ride Hailing, CLA: Competition, Fall 2019, Vol 29, No. 2, Fall 2019
- JD, cum laude – Georgetown University Law Center (2018)
- BA, cum laude – University of Delaware (2014)
- District of Columbia
- New York
- USDC, Southern District of NY