Matt Hayden is an associate in the antitrust group in Axinn’s New York office. His practice focuses on antitrust litigation, government investigations, and transactions. He is currently on the team defending Google in DOJ and State AG investigations and related litigation and multi-district class actions and the team defending Tyson in various litigations. He has previously assisted national and multinational companies across a variety of sectors in merger review. Matt was a summer associate with Axinn in 2019.
Matt earned his JD at Seton Hall University School of Law, where he was a Leadership Fellow (awarded to a student exhibiting outstanding leadership skills), represented clients in the Southern District of New York through the SDNY Representative in Mediation Practicum clinic, and represented clients in the FINRA securities arbitration clinic. While in law school, he interned at the Federal Trade Commission, Bureau of Competition in the Northeast Region office, was a Judicial Intern for The Honorable John Michael Vazquez, District Judge for the US District Court District of New Jersey, and an intern for Concurrences in the New York office. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Temple University where he held several leadership positions.
- New York State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Antitrust Committee Mentorship Program
- New York City Bar Association, Antitrust and Trade Regulation Committee
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, Liaison to the Young Lawyers Division (2021)
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, Law Student Liaison (2018-2020)
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, Law Student Ambassador (2018-2020)
- Labor Markets in Healthcare Transactions: A Work in Progress, CPI Antitrust Chronicle, June 1, 2022
- JD – Seton Hall University School of Law (2020)
- BA – Temple University (2015)
- New York