Mario Cistaro’s practice focuses on U.S. and European antitrust law, as well as intellectual property and unfair competition. Prior to joining Axinn, Mario was at the Antitrust Bureau of the New York State Office of the Attorney General, where he assisted in litigation of monopolization cases in pharmaceutical and digital markets as well as investigations of cooperative agreements and mergers in the airline and health care sectors.
Before joining the NYSAG, Mario was an associate at Hogan Lovells and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in Europe. There, he regularly advised and represented multinational clients before the European Commission in antitrust clearance of international transactions and investigations of cartels and abuse of dominant position. He has substantive experience in a range of industries, such as telecommunication, banking, health care, audio-visual rights on sporting events and food manufacturing.
Mario holds an LLM in Competition, Innovation and Information Law from New York University. While at NYU he served as staff editor of the Journal of Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law and interned with the New York Attorney General’s office. He earned a JD summa cum laude from University of Perugia in Italy where he also holds a PhD in competition law and received an LLM in Intellectual Property Law from Queen Mary University of London.
Mario is admitted to the Bar in New York and Italy.
- New York State Bar Association, Merger Committee
- New York State Bar Association, Monopolization & Big Tech Committee
- American Bar Association, Distribution and Franchising Committee
- American Bar Association, Mergers and Acquisitions Committee
- American Bar Association, Unilateral Conduct Committee
- American Bar Association, Global Private Litigation Committee
- LLM – New York University School of Law (2020)
- LLM – Queen Mary University of London (2014)
- PhD – University of Perugia (2011)
- JD, summa cum laude – University of Perugia (2007)
- New York