James Goldfeier is an associate in the New York office where he works primarily in the antitrust practice group. James’s practice focuses on merger investigations, merger analysis and antitrust counseling. He has worked on merger investigations brought by both the FTC and DOJ. James’s merger experience, notably, includes Dell Technologies’ $67 billion acquisition of EMC Corporation, Ball Corporation’s $6.85 billion acquisition of Rexam PLC and Thermo Fisher Scientific’s $13.6 billion acquisition of Life Technologies.
At Columbia Law School, James was a founding member and later President of the Columbia International Antitrust Law Association. In the Summer of 2010, James worked as a judicial intern for Justice Shirley Werner Kornreich of the Commercial Division of the New York State Supreme Court, New York County.
James currently serves on the selective Executive Committee of the Antitrust Section of the New York State Bar Association. James previously served as Chair and Vice Chair of the Section's Mergers Committee. He also volunteers his time as a member of the Harvard Club of New York Schools Committee conducting alumni interviews of prospective students of Harvard College.
- New York State Bar Association, Antitrust Section – Executive Committee, 2019-present; Chair, Mergers Committee, 2018-2019; Vice Chair, Mergers Committee, 2017-2018
- Mergers & Acquisitions Group, Harvard Club of New York City
- Super Lawyers, New York Metro Rising Stars (2018)
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Parker School Certificate for Achievement in International and Comparative Law
- Axinn Attorneys Named in Super Lawyers 2018
- Axinn Successfully Defeats a Motion to Dismiss on Behalf of Pro Bono Client
- New York State Bar Recognizes Twelve Axinn Attorneys
- Axinn Representing Silver Lake Partners LP in IMG/Learfield Merger
- Axinn Represents Thermo Fisher in $7.2 Billion Acquisition of Patheon
- GCR Nominates Axinn for Litigation of the Year, Deal of the Year and Dealmaker of the Year
- Axinn Represents McKesson in its $1.4 Billion Acquisition of CoverMyMeds LLC
- Axinn Represents Dell in $60 Billion Acquisition of EMC
- Axinn Secures Global Antitrust Clearance for Ball’s Acquisition of Rexam
- Axinn Obtains FTC Clearance for Dell’s $67B Acquisition of EMC
- Axinn is Lead Antitrust Counsel in Dell’s $67B Acquisition of EMC
- Axinn Nominated for Global M&A Deal of the Year by Atlas Awards
- Axinn Acts as Global Coordinating Antitrust Counsel for Ball’s $6.85 Billion Acquisition of Rexam
- Axinn Obtains Antitrust Clearance for Caraustar Industries’ Acquisition of The Newark Group
- FTC Approves Final Order for Thermo Fisher's $13.6 Billion Acquisition of Life Technologies
- Axinn Obtains Global Antitrust Clearance for Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.’s $13.6 billion Acquisition
- View More ›
- Chapter on Non-Prosecutorial Activities, DOJ Civil Antitrust Practice and Procedure Manual, 2018
- Standing in Data Breach Cases, Today's General Counsel, December 2016
Seminars & Classes
- Teaching Assistant: Legal Practice Workshop, Columbia Law School, Spring 2011.
- Moot Court Student Judge: Foundation Moot Court, Columbia Law School, Spring 2012.
- JD – Columbia Law School (2012) Articles Editor, Columbia Journal of European Law. Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar. Parker School Certificate for Achievement in International and Comparative Law.
- AB, cum laude – Harvard University (2002)
- New York