Felix Gilman has represented insurers and financial guarantors in litigations involving complex financial instruments, credit crisis litigation and regulatory investigations. In 2005 and 2006, he clerked for Judge Shira Scheindlin of the Southern District of New York and Judge Chester Straub of the Second Circuit.
Felix is Secretary to the Second Circuit's Committee on Admissions and Grievances (2009–2011). He is also a member of the American Bar Association.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Shira Scheindlin, US District Court Southern District of New York (2005-2006)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Chester Straub, US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (2005-2006)
- Syncora Guarantee v. Countrywide, a complex residential mortgage-backed securities litigation in NY Supreme Court, No. 650042/2009.
- MBIA v. Countrywide, No. 602825/2008, amicus brief for Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers.
- Client counseling related to mortgage-backed securities and other asset-backed securities.
- Client counseling related to antitrust issues in the CDS industry.
- Axinn Secures Dismissal of Class Action Conspiracy Claims for Tyson Foods
- Axinn Obtains Victory for CWW and Chubb in Long-Running Contempt Proceeding
- Axinn Wins Unanimous Fourth Circuit Victory for Stanley Black & Decker
- Axinn Obtains Global Settlement of Claims Against Code Rebel
- Axinn Wins Summary Judgment for Stanley Black & Decker
- Axinn Obtains Dismissal of Declaratory Judgment For Canadian Inventor
- Axinn Obtains Civil Contempt Order Over Foreign Lawyers and Litigation Funders
- Axinn Achieves Win for Canadian Inventor
- View More ›
- JD, magna cum laude – Harvard Law School (2003)
- MSt – Brasenose College, Oxford University (1998)
- BA – Brasenose College, Oxford University (1996)
- New York