David Silverstein has over a dozen years of experience handling legal and regulatory matters relating to pharmaceutical and biotech products, having worked on the generic and the brand side. He previously practiced in-house at Par Pharmaceutical and, prior to that, at major New York firms. While in-house, David oversaw and managed all aspects of patent, antitrust, unfair competition and trade secret litigation. He also served as Par’s in-house regulatory counsel, advising on regulatory strategies and frequently representing Par before FDA’s Office of Chief Counsel and other regulators.
- IPR Proceedings Survive Constitutional Challenge in 7-2 Supreme Court Ruling, BioWorld, April 24, 2018
- Scope of Patent Review, Deference At Issue, Westlaw Journal Intellectual Property, December 5, 2017
- ACI Paragraph IV Disputes Conference: "Oil States, SAS and the Future of IPRs"
- American Conference Institute’s 8th Annual Paragraph IV Disputes, The Gauntlet Rethrown: The Paragraph IV Certification and Notice Letter, New York, New York, April 28, 2014.
- American Conference Institute’s 6th Annual Paragraph IV Disputes, Patent Challenge Strategies for ANDA Applicants, New York, New York, April 24, 2012.
- IQPC’s 6th Annual Summit on E-Discovery for Pharma, Biotech, and Medical Device Industries, Understanding the Importance of Litigation Readiness and the Benefits of Technology to aid in Document Review, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, October 26, 2011.
- American Conference Institute’s 5th Annual Paragraph IV Disputes, Patent Challenge Strategies for ANDA Applicants, New York, New York, May 3, 2011.
- JD – Duke University (2003)
- MS, Chemistry – Cornell University (1999)
- BS, Chemistry, magna cum laude – University of Georgia (1997)
- New York
- US District Court Northern District of New York
- US District Court Southern District of New York
- US District Court Western District of New York
- US Patent and Trademark Office