Cristina Fernandez is an associate in Axinn’s New York office with broad and significant experience in antitrust and competition issues, including litigation, transactions, and counseling. Cristina has represented clients in criminal antitrust cartel investigations, follow-on multidistrict class action litigation and arbitration, and civil litigation involving a variety of antitrust and unfair competition issues such as monopolization, exclusive dealing, and mixed issues of antitrust and intellectual property law. Cristina has advocated for clients in investigations by U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Trade Commission, and competition regulators in Europe, Korea, Japan, and other jurisdictions.
In addition, Cristina guides clients through the antitrust-related aspects of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and other large-scale combinations. Cristina also counsels clients on antitrust compliance issues, including advice regarding design of compliance programs.
Cristina has handled matters across a wide range of industries including healthcare, insurance, pharmaceuticals, technology, consumer products, and financial services.
Prior to joining Axinn, Cristina practiced in the antitrust litigation department of an international law firm. She also interned in the criminal division of the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia. She earned her JD from Harvard Law School in 2012, where she was a member of the Harvard Journal on Legislation. She received her BA in Political Science, Phi Beta Kappa, from Emory University in 2009.
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Navigating Vertical Mergers in Healthcare Through a Shifting Enforcement Landscape, Competition Policy International, May 7, 2019
Dawn Raid Preparation and Response Checklist, Lexis Practice Advisor Antitrust (2018)
The Antitrust Division’s New Model Corporate Plea Agreement, ABA Cartel & Criminal Practice Committee Newsletter (Spring 2014)
- JD – Harvard Law School (2012)
- BA, Political Science – Emory University (2009)
- New York
- US Court of the Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Court Southern District of New York
- US District Court Western District of New York
- US District Court Eastern District of Michigan