Brett Garrison is an associate in the firm’s Intellectual Property group in the Washington, DC office. He focuses on patent litigation in the pharmaceutical, biologic, and medical device industries. He has experience with all aspects of litigation, including two trials in cases brought under the Hatch-Waxman Act.
- American Bar Association, Section of Intellectual Property Law
- American Intellectual Property Lawyers Association
Representative matters include:
- Cosmo Techs. Ltd. v. Alvogen Pine Brook LLC, No. 15-cv-193-LPS (D. Del). Represented Alvogen and prevailed at trial in patent infringement litigation relating to a generic budesonide drug product (Uceris®). The Federal Circuit affirmed the judgment.
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. v. Zydus Pharmaceuticals USA Inc., Nos. 14-cv-03158-JBS & 14-cv-07252-JBS (D.N.J.). Represented Zydus and obtained denial of motion for temporary restraining order in patent infringement action relating to a generic aripiprazole drug product (Abilify®).
- Omeros Corp. v. Par Sterile Products, LLC, No. 15-cv-773-RGA (D. Del). Represented Par in litigation involving multiple patents directed to a generic ketorolac/phenylephrine drug product (Omidria®). Secured favorable settlement after three-day bench trial.
- Alcon Pharms. Ltd. v. Par Pharm. Inc., No. 15-cv-7240-PGS (D.N.J.). Represented Par in litigation involving multiple patents directed to a generic ciprofloxacin/dexamethasone drug product (Ciprodex®). Secured dismissal of case resulting in favorable settlement for Par.
- The District of Columbia Courts Recognize Four Axinn Attorneys in its 2019 Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll
- Axinn’s Client Awarded Attorneys’ Fees in “Exceptional” PIV Case
- Axinn Obtains Favorable Settlement for Pro Bono Client
- Axinn Named a "Legal Lion" for Federal Circuit Patent Win
- Federal Circuit Rules for Axinn Client in Abilify Patent Appeal
- Axinn Honored with Outstanding Achievement Award
- Axinn Obtains Stipulated Summary Judgment of Non-Infringement for Zydus
- Axinn Successfully Obtains Dismissal for Zydus Pharmaceuticals
- U.S. District Court Grants Summary Judgment for Axinn’s Client Zydus in FDA Case
- Axinn Successful in Protecting FDA Approval of Generic Versions of Otsuka’s Abilify
- View More ›
- 3 Strategies to Manage Case Scope in ANDA Patent Litigation, Law360, December 10, 2019
- Facilitating Competition and Innovation Isn't Easy: FDA's Latest Hearing On Biologics, FDLI, September 14, 2018
- Obviousness Trends: Get the Edge, Intellectual Property Magazine, June 2015
- JD, cum laude – Washington University School of Law (2014)
- BA, Chemistry – New York University (2009)
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit