Brendan O’Callaghan is an associate in the Intellectual Property group in Axinn’s Washington, DC office. He received his law degree, with honors, from The George Washington University Law School, where he was a Research Assistant to esteemed IP guru Professor Roger Schechter and interned for a multinational data storage and management company in Sunnyvale, California. Prior to joining Axinn, Brendan was a patent litigation associate at another firm in DC and clerked for the Honorable Mary Ellen Coster Williams at the Court of Federal Claims.
Brendan served as a Surface Warfare Officer in the United States Navy before attending law school. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy in 2010 with a degree in Aerospace Engineering.
*****Not yet admitted to practice in Washington, DC.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Mary Ellen Coster Williams of the United States Court of Federal Claims
- American Bar Association, Section of Intellectual Property Law
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Copyright Society of the USA
- International Trademark Association, Trademark Reporter Committee
- PTAB Bar Association
2016 Weil Pro Bono Service Award
- Justices May Be Ready To Narrowly Overturn 'Auer', Law360, March 28, 2019
- JD – The George Washington University Law School (2016)
- BS, Aerospace Engineering – United States Naval Academy (2010)
- New York