Brandon Boxbaum represents clients on a variety of antitrust matters, including complex price-fixing litigation and mergers and acquisitions. He has gained insight and experience into a range of industries, including agriculture, healthcare, software platforms, and auto parts. In 2019, Brandon assisted Stanley Black & Decker in its acquisition of a 20% stake in MTD Products. In 2018, he advised in Axinn’s motion to dismiss on the basis of personal jurisdiction on behalf of Friedrich Boysen GmbH & Co. KG.
He graduated from The George Washington University School of Law, where he was an associate for The George Washington Law Review and selected as a student attorney for the Small Business and Community Economic Development Clinic. Brandon was a Janet Steiger Fellow at the Antitrust Bureau of the New York Attorney General, where he assisted in antitrust litigation and investigations. He has also worked as an analyst for ACG Analytics and served as an intern to Shabana Mahmood, MP, in London. Brandon graduated from Northeastern University in 2012 with a degree in Political Science.
- Assisted in obtaining summary judgment on behalf of UPMC on a matter alleging conspiracy and monopolization in the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Represented Stanley Black & Decker in its acquisition of a 20% stake in MTD Products.
- Assisted in winning dismissal of all claims against Friedrich Boysen GmbH & Co. KG in the Auto Parts antitrust class action MDL in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
- In February of 2018, Axinn was nominated for Global Competition Review “Litigation of the Year – Cartel Defence” for its work on behalf of Nishikawa Rubber Company in the Auto Parts litigation. This award recognizes “creative, strategic and innovative litigation on behalf of a defendant in a private action for cartel damages.”
- Third Circuit Denies Appeal Against Axinn Client UPMC
- Axinn Received Outstanding Achievement Award for Pro Bono Work
- Summary Judgment Motion Granted for Axinn Client UPMC
- Axinn Represented Stanley Black & Decker in its Acquisition of a 20% Stake in MTD Products
- Axinn Wins Motion to Dismiss on Behalf of Friedrich Boysen GmbH & Co. KG
- Axinn Receives GCR Award Nomination for Cartel Representation
- New York State Bar Recognizes Twelve Axinn Attorneys
- Axinn Honored with Outstanding Achievement Award
- View More ›
- United States – E-Commerce and Big Data: Merger Control, GCR Insight: E-Commerce Competition Enforcement Guide, January 10, 2019
- Compliance Programs and Leniency Applications in Asian Jurisdictions, Cartel & Criminal Practice Committee Newsletter, Fall 2017
- Multistate Indirect Purchaser Class Actions: Using Consumer Protection Statutes to Hurdle the Illinois Brick Wall, Competition Torts News, March 15, 2016
- Public Muscle and Private Profit: A Flawed Scheme for Stemming Foreclosures Through the Power of Eminent Domain, The George Washington Law Review, 2014
- JD with Honors – The George Washington University School of Law (2015)
- BA, summa cum laude – Northeastern University (2012)
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US District Court Eastern District of Michigan