Ashton Copeland is an associate in the Intellectual Property group in Axinn’s Washington, DC office. Her practice focuses on patent litigation. She was a Summer Associate with Axinn in 2019.
Ashton earned her J.D. at the Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University, where she served as Executive Editor of the George Mason Law Review. During law school, she was a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Judge Pauline Newman at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Ashton holds a B.A. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she majored in Media & Journalism and History.
- Giles Sutherland Rich Award for Excellence in the Study of Intellectual Property Law (from George Mason Law School)
- Recent FDA Court Decision Shows Potential Impact of SCOTUS Deference Decision, Bloomberg Law and Bloomberg Big Law Business, August 20, 2019
- What High Court's Kisor Ruling Means for FDA Decisions, Law360, July 16, 2019
- JD, cum laude – Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University (2020)
- BA, with distinction – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2017)
- District of Columbia