Angelina Whitfield's practice focuses on civil antitrust litigation and government investigations. She specializes in pharmaceutical, high-tech, and intellectual property antitrust matters. Formerly an Assistant Attorney General in the Illinois Attorney General’s Antitrust Division, Angelina has significant experience conducting litigation and investigations at both the state and nationwide levels. She represented the State of Illinois in two high-stakes antitrust cartel litigations in state court, obtaining settlements which totaled over $220 million. She has litigated major federal multi-district class actions in coordination with government enforcers and private parties, including cases involving monopolization, reverse payments, forced switching, and price-fixing. As an AAG, Angelina took a lead role in conducting industry-wide investigations which involved complex and novel antitrust issues. She also has investigated proposed mergers within various industries in conjunction with state attorneys general, the FTC, and DOJ.
Angelina earned her JD at the University of Missouri, where she served as an associate for the Journal of Environmental Law and Sustainability, and as a research assistant to Professor Dennis Crouch. As a student attorney in Missouri’s Entrepreneurial Clinic, she assisted biotechnology startups with patent prosecution and venture capital funding. She also completed judicial internships with the U.S. District Court (W.D. Mo.) and the Missouri Court of Appeals (Southern District).
***Not yet admitted to the NY Bar.
- Chicago Bar Association, Antitrust Section – Vice Chair, 2019-present
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Chicago Women Antitrust Lawyers Network
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law
- Highlights From OECD Roundtable on Killer Acquisitions, Law360, June 16, 2020
- How to Combat IP-Facilitated Digital Fraud During Pandemic, Law360, April 20, 2020
- A Deep Dive Into the Antitrust Claims Against Facebook, The Daily Journal, February 14, 2020
State & Federal Cooperation in Hospital Merger Challenges: Advocate-NorthShore, State Enforcement Newsletter (Fall 2018)
Blocking Eco-Patent Trolls, Note, 21 J. Envtl. & Sustainability L. 307 (2015)
- JD – University of Missouri School of Law (2014)
- BA, English Literature – Truman State University (2010)