Andrea Rivers represents and advises clients on a variety of antitrust matters, focusing on antitrust compliance, government investigations, and merger reviews.
Andrea’s previous experience includes analyzing legal issues on the agenda for the Commissioner of the United Nations Office, International Law Commission Seventy-First Session in Geneva, Switzerland as well as assisting on pro bono litigation matters at a global law firm. Prior to joining Axinn, Andrea was a Legal Intern for the Federal Trade Commission, Bureau of Competition, Anticompetitive Practices Division as well as a Legal Intern to the Antitrust, Commercial & Administrative Law Subcommittee of the U.S. House Committee on the Judiciary and the Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office.
Andrea earned her JD at American University Washington College of Law. She holds a BA in Economics from Howard University.
- Black JD, Inc., Board Chair
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, Diversity.Advanced Committee, Vice Chair (2022-2023)
- New York State Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section, Member
- National Black Law Students Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, Young Lawyer Task Force, Member (2021-2022)
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, Law Student Liaison (2019-2020)
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, Law Student Ambassador (2019-2021)
- Law Student Scholar, American Bar Association, Business Law Section, 2019 Annual Meeting
- ABA Antitrust Law Section Outstanding Performance Award
- Interview With Let's Get Ready, Let's Get Ready, May 3, 2022
- ABA Careers in Antitrust Podcast, ABA Young Lawyers Division Antitrust Committee, April 22, 2022
- Teaching a Judge or Jury Enough About Regression to Trust (or Mistrust It), ABA Antitrust Law Section’s Trust and Trade Podcast, March 1, 2022
- JD – American University Washington College of Law (2021)
- BA, cum laude – Howard University (2016)
- New York