Alexander Bergersen is an associate in the New York office where he works primarily in the antitrust practice group. Alexander’s practice focuses on merger investigations, merger analysis, antitrust counseling, and antitrust litigation. He has worked on domestic merger investigations brought by both the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice. He has also worked on merger filings and investigations in the European Union, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, India, Israel, Japan, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey and more.
At the University of Chicago Law School, Alexander provided research assistance to Professor Anu Bradford in connection with a project analyzing global antitrust enforcement and trade policy.
- Associate Editor, ABA Antitrust Section Mergers & Acquisitions Committee newsletter, The Threshold (2015 - present)
- Represented Dell Inc. in its $60 billion acquisition of EMC Corp. The transaction received unconditional clearance in jurisdictions around the world including the US, European Union, Brazil and China.
- Represented Ball Corporation in connection with its $6.85 billion acquisition of Rexam PLC.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital and Caraustar Industries, Inc., a portfolio company of H.I.G. Capital, in connection with Caraustar’s acquisition of The Newark Group. The Department of Justice closed its six-month investigation without requiring a remedy.
- Represented Rapid Aid, Ltd., a Canadian manufacturer of hot-cold therapy products, in an action brought by its rival Therapearl alleging monopolization and attempted monopolization, as well as state claims. The U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland dismissed all claims against Rapid Aid.
- Represented Thermo Fisher Scientific in connection with its $13.6 billion acquisition of Life Technologies and Thermo Fisher Scientific’s related $1 billion divestiture to General Electric.
- Ignacio Martin-Baro Human Rights Essay Award for the MA/Professional Student Category, University of Chicago Human Rights Program (2013)
- Axinn Successfully Defeats a Motion to Dismiss on Behalf of Pro Bono Client
- New York State Bar Recognizes Twelve Axinn Attorneys
- Axinn is Representing Silver Lake Partners LP in IMG/Learfield Merger
- Axinn helps Johnson Controls Secure Global Antitrust Clearance for its $2 billion Sale of Scott Safety to 3M
- GCR Nominates Axinn for Litigation of the Year, Deal of the Year and Dealmaker of the Year
- Axinn Secures Antitrust Clearance for McKesson’s Transaction with Change Healthcare to Form $3.4 Billion New Healthcare Information Technology Company
- Axinn Represents Dell in $60 Billion Acquisition of EMC
- Axinn Secures Global Antitrust Clearance for Ball’s Acquisition of Rexam
- Axinn Obtains FTC Clearance for Dell’s $67B Acquisition of EMC
- Axinn Acts as Global Coordinating Antitrust Counsel for Ball’s $6.85 Billion Acquisition of Rexam
- Axinn Obtains Antitrust Clearance for Caraustar Industries’ Acquisition of The Newark Group
- Axinn Obtains Dismissal of Monopolization and Attempted Monopolization Suit Against Rapid Aid, Ltd.
- View More ›
- Concentrated Benefits and Dispersed Costs Rent-Seeking by Incumbents Against Innovative and Disruptive Web Based Firms, Douglas H. Ginsburg – An Antitrust Professor on the Bench Liber Amicorum Volume 1, March 1, 2018
- JD – University of Chicago Law School (2013)
- BA – Northwestern University (2010)
- New York