On December 5, Axinn partner John Tanski will speak at a seminar entitled, "Ethics and Intellectual Property: Traps, Pitfalls, and Adventures in IP Lawyering CLE" in Hartford, Connecticut.
Presented by the CBA Intellectual Property Section, this seminar will discuss legal ethics from the perspective of the intellectual property attorney. Speakers will provide commentary and facilitate discussion on ethical scenarios and dilemmas faced in different areas of IP law. Potential topics of discussion include:
- What happens if you miss a patent filing deadline, either in the U.S. or another country?
- Conducting ethical and admissible intellectual property infringement and counterfeiting investigations
- How to draft an ethical and enforceable cease and desist letter
- How to know whom one’s client is in the case of joint inventorship or authorship
- The duty of candor to administrative agencies
Click here for further details about the event, including how to register.