On October 19, Axinn partner Chad Landmon spoke at a conference entitled, "FDA: Past, Present, and Future" in Washington, DC. During the Biological Products session, Chad presented commentary on Howard University School of Law assistant professor Myrisha S. Lewis's paper, "Improving Life Sciences Regulation: Solutions to the Current Impasse."
Hosted by FDLI in collaboration with the American University Washington College of Law, this one-day conference featured leading practitioners, researchers, policymakers and FDA Commissioners and Chief Counsels spanning five decades. Discussion topics included:
- The History and Political Economy of the Hatch-Waxman Amendments
- Administrative Guidance and Genetically Modified Food
- Regulating Intermediate Technologies
- 21st Century Citizen Pharma: The FDA & Patient Focused Drug Development
- FDA’s Role in Governance of Black-Box Medicine