On April 23, Axinn partner Aziz Burgy spoke at ACI's Paragraph IV Disputes Conference in New York City.
During a panel session entitled, "A Closer Look at Dispositive Motions: An In-Depth Discussion of Summary Judgment and Declaratory Judgments Motions for Brand Names and Generics," Aziz joined two other panelists to discuss the following:
- The probability of success for a declaratory judgment motion
- Circumstances when summary judgment is the best option
- Dispositive motion practice with multiple ANDA filers
- Circumstances under which a motion for leave to amend to add a declaratory judgment can be properly filed
- Avoiding sanctions under Rule 11